Monday, February 1, 2010

I LOVE the Farmers Market

Look at the yummy treat I bought at the farmers market. I was drawn to it by its deep molasses color and so glad I bought it. After photographing it, sorry for the poor quality, and of course I had to taste it. Jackpot! It was so delicious I dipped in for another lick, and  an extra 30 minutes on the elliptical machine! The honey is full bodied with sweet, malty, molasses undertones. I'm so excited, will be fantastic for making my whole wheat pancakes!
As I sat down to write I decided to find out some more information on my little treat. Well, I'm glad to announce that my palate is refined enough to pick up the lovely undertones. I also discovered that generally the darker the honey the more anti-oxidants. Double Score
As part of my diet I'm also trying to use more natural sweeteners and less refined sugar in my cooking and baking. I can't wait to try the buckwheat honey in my pancake batter. Has anyone tried Stevia? What is your favorite natural sweetener?

No comments:

Post a Comment