Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 18

I'm still doing the 4 day diet but have just been super busy, tired and a little unmotivated to exercise. Maybe it's the weather or the idea that the ground hog decided there will be six more weeks of winter or maybe I just need to get out of the house, besides work, and socialize.
Last time I went out I was doing so good and then someone decided to fry french fries and then onion rings somewhere at the bar. It smelled so good... so I left. That sounds stupid right?! But it was seriously making me hungry. I couldn't handle it.
I made kale chips the other night. They were deliciously addicting and super easy. Just salt pepper, olive oil, baking sheet and oven! I have been using my Pampered Chef Kitchen Spritzer to control my oil intake. It is so easy to start dumping way too much oil in a pan or on veggies that just soak it up. The spritzer is refillable, non-aerosol and economical, but it is kind of a pain in the ass because you have to keep pumping it up every few seconds. I have to admit I do love the smooth spray of a aerosol can whether it be hair spray to cooking oil.
I made whole wheat pancakes the other night to heat up and eat in the morning, as per my diet schedule. While I was making them I ate one! I was not hungry and I knew it was bad. I live alone, no one would know. I'm pretty sure the dog would not tell on me. I thought about spitting it out and realized it was too far gone and that it would be borderline some form of anorexic disease if I did that. I chewed, swallowed and spent an extra hour on the elliptical machine. Stupid pancake!
It's six in the morning. I'm up and ready to work out. I let the dog out, turned on my DVRed shows from the night before and hopped onto the elliptical machine. About fifteen minutes in the door flies open with a loud boom, I scream at the top of my lungs (almost falling off of the elliptical machine), Frankie barks manically and we both kind of duck as if some deranged serial killer just kicked down the door and is standing out on my 3rd floor balcony ready to kill us. Apparently in my hast I did not close the door all the way and the gale force winds blew it open. I watch too much TV!
My new years resolution was to get to work on time. It was getting bad by the end of the year and I felt like I was taking advantage of the relaxed environment i appreciate working in. Living less than five minutes from work is really a disadvantage to getting there on time. I have no set time I need to leave. I leave when I'm supposed to be there because I'm literally "almost" there, no big deal. I digress, the real point of this gibberish is that I because of the full fledged diet/third life crisis initiative I have been getting up, not early, but on time, working out and getting to work early! WHOA... yup, I feel much better about myself and life, much more organized, self-controlled and therefore calmer. Despite the pancake and windy door incident.
Two more things, I can't wait for the snow and I'm going to work on taking more pictures for your viewing pleasure. YAY, it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment