Friday, March 26, 2010

Lesson of the Day

I've realized this, well a while ago, that cheating on my diet really isn't cheating anyone or on anything. There really is no point. Cheating is supposed to be bad and fun. Eating twice as much as I should is neither bad nor fun. Well, maybe a little fun but it really depends on the binge. Cato Corner Farm cheese... definitely worth the binge. Pasta and cake, not so much.

I wanted two whole wheat banana flax seed muffins this morning. (Mind you they denser than a hockey puck, have too much stevia in them and are just in general not a culinary masterpiece.) I put one back. I just didn't need two. I have pinpointed my issues being portion control and eating too fast. You can never have too much of a good thing, right? Well, it's generally not going anywhere and if it does you can always get more.

Frankie and I binged on whole grain saltines and smart balance the other night. Who does that, and why do I have to drag an innocent dog into my masochistic binging? Am I a terrible person? Ok, I don't really think I'm a terrible person, I'm just being a little dramatic.

Lesson of the day – Cheating on your diet is generally a stupid waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment