Sunday, March 14, 2010

The 4 day diet

48 days and 30lbs later here are a few things that I have gained.

1. The 5 P's – Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance – getting there with life... it's much harder at work when there are other people involve. Eventually I will be able to hang that on the wall at work with out it being a joke.

2. I have a short torso.

3. Losing weight is 50% hard work and 110% mental. You will never lose weight unless you want to. You can not do it for someone else.

4. I have become slightly OCD about it. I think I have control issues. Reverting to one, I realized that I can control myself but not other people. I can not change anyone I can only do whats best for me and remove myself from the situation.

5. My knee, hip and back issues are slowly being corrected. Back no so much but I have been stretching which has helped and the weather still plays a big part in the aches and pains.

6. The good sneaker speech is not just for athletes.

7. I will never be a healthy size 2. I think I'm ok with that but I am secretly scared that the OCD will at some point kick in and make it not ok and I think 30 is way too old to be developing an eating disorder.

8. I absolutely LOVE roasted veggies. Particularly, broccoli with whole garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes.

9. I do not get belts as a utility. I understand them as a fashion accessory but I think people need to buy pants that fit. I am currently having this issue and have just decided that I just can not wear the pants that will fall off if I walk.

10. I have always felt bad for the really tall people that are awkwardly proportioned. It always made me wonder... Like their head is clearly too small for their body so what happened that made them so tall or why didn't their head grow? Well, I have realized that no matter how much weight I lose my head is just not going to get any smaller. I will soon look like a bobble head and please do not flick me. I will not bobble, I will punch you.

I'm sure there are many more things I have learned, loved and hated through out this process but for now you get a list of ten and the assurance that I'm not done. This is just the beginning. xoxo ~ H

No comments:

Post a Comment