Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 8

This weekend went well. I went out for dinner Saturday and had my family over for dinner Sunday.
I was feeling motivated Saturday. I woke up decided to exercise and get it out of the way before my day started. I really did make me feel better. The Thai restaurant was good. I had a salad, grilled fish, a martini and a whole lot of water! Over all a fun time had while still maintaining my routine.
Sunday was a little bit of a rush and blur but I was still able to stick to the plan. I made grilled chicken, which I cut and pounded into smaller serving sized pieces. Then, I roasted a lots of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower with a little bit of olive oil, salt/pepper and garlic. I had used one snack on some soup for lunch and wanted to save the other for the mint and grapefruit granita dessert so I did not have any. Just salad and chicken for me, but I did save some broccoli that I'm going to roast for dinner tonight.
Yesterday was Monday and crazy as usual. It was a rest day which was nice and this morning I managed to get up and do 30 min of cardio.... YES at 6 am. I'm going to walk with the girls at lunch and then go out to dinner and a movie. I was debating where I wanted to go for dinner. I was thinking Panera but the bread is evil. I think I might suggest the diner for a grilled chicken salad. Hopefully they have a FF or low fat dressing. Eight days in and I'm officially down 10 lbs. I don't really feel it but I'm hoping I do soon.

Since the start, yes, it has only been eight days, I have been making it a point to talk about it in hope that my peers will keep me motivated. For the most part everyone has been encouraging, minus a few self-centered "friends" we will not name. I have observed that everyone seems to have an opinion diets or what I should do. I enjoy that everyone wants to share what is working for them or what they like or some of their favorite recipes. After all, this is how I started and what got me motivated to do this diet in the first place. Then, there are the people that start out by saying "why don't you just...." or "all you have to do is....". People operate differently and by saying well why don't you just... or all you have to do is... is really discouraging and slightly degrading. Since when did you become a nutritionist or maybe you are a closet dietitian? I'm not mad I just think people, probably including myself, need to think before they speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment