Saturday, April 3, 2010

JOCKEY HOLLOW

Jen and I went hiking today at Jockey Hollow. It was such a beautiful day. We followed the long loop (the white squares, which was about 6 miles. Not expecting the mud was difficult and slightly wet, Frankie loves it. Since when are Pomeranians water dogs? He really loves the water and apparently mud. Belly deep in the mud, stopping to smell the skunk cabbage and having a ball.
Frankie has his new summer name... The Trail Blazer.... jersey shore inspired of course. It was just beautiful in the woods and the trails were clearly marked despite our poor sense of direction.
The log vs. Frankie - woo hoo Frankie won! I thought pulling would work.
 Jenn decided to give a helping hand. Thanks! He is a trooper. Under all the poof he's a real dogs dog. He went right though the water and mud. He even scratched his eye lid on a thorny bush... Poor baby.
We found a tree that had fallen about 20 ft over high over the trail. We decided to climb on it and take pictures. I was convinced it was going to break. I would get stuck underneath and some how have to explain to a cute EMT why I thought it would be cool to climb out on a fallen log and take my picture.
And then we found this little guy. I named him Harry. There was a fallen tree that had created a pool of water that all the frogs and at least a couple dozen eggs were thriving there. It was so neat. This little guy had burrowed himself into the cool mud and was just chilling. They were so vibrantly green. I loved them.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment