Sunday, August 30, 2009

Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.

So I made another pot of hot and sour soup today. I guess I didn't get enough of it last weekend. Now I'm people watching on my balcony and talking about it in my blog. How creepy am I! I just watched Factory Girl. I love Andy Warhol and am a little bit obsessed with him. I think I would have made great muse minus all the drugs and eventual death. For some reason I wish I lived in earlier year.
WOW someone, the guy in the the 1st apartment to the left to be exact, is using way too much lighter fluid.
I'm not sure when but I find it very fascinating. Does that mean that I'm not living my current life to its fullest potential or maybe I just watch way too much tv. The fantasy of working in an ad agency on Madison Ave in the 60's sounds soo intriguing. I love the old ads and the thought and skill put behind them. Now, it's all just mirrors and smoke creating the illusion of art. Modernizing the trend setters of years past. Nothing is original any more. There was something artistic and beautiful about early advertising. Intrinsic and elegant much like the garb and manorisms of the period.
But then moving into the late 60's and 70's, yes, all doing drugs but ironically liberatingly free. They were radical and earth changing. Can you even imaging walking around NYC and seeing Andy Warhol and Jackson Pollack sitting outside having brunch. Really not the same as spotting Paris Hilton rushing into her car from some posh resturant. Or is it? Maybe it is. Not to pick on Paris, but what has she become famous for? She stands for nothing. Andy was making art. Changing the way people viewed life. Mentoring the young by actually making them think outside the box. I love that. Despite odvious idiosyncrasy he was a brilliant inventive artist that managed to shape the modern society.
Ahh such is life. I'm heading back inside. It's getting chilly out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment