Sunday, June 12, 2011

Belmar NJ - Seafood Festival 2011

 I started out the afternoon with a little balsamic tasting to wet my palette. John Spenger's Bistro Blends were exceptionally crafted. The heirloom balsamic was surprisingly smooth and sweet with a warm vinegar finish.
After surveying the land for the best eats I took a peek at all the Cajun shrimp and yummy whole grilled fish.

I settled on getting my souvenir mug with unlimited refills at Wild Bill's. Being more of a "purist" I stuck to the diet rocky mountain root beer but definitely had to taste the vintage vanilla cream and outlaw orange. Of course all delicious and refreshing on a humid day like today.
I had to stop and ogle at the large bin of beautiful steamed shrimp. The were pretty big, at least 16-20U. I settled on some roasted clams, lobster and corn. What a feast!

 After running into some friends, digesting and walking around for a while I went to look for the alligator sausage I was told I had to try. Tasted like chicken. haha, ok just kidding. Well, kind of... Very tasty but I lost the mild alligator flavor to the spice. In retrospect I probably should have tried the alligator poppers from Crave Cajun Food to taste the actual alligator.
 After having my fill of soda, stopping to get some kettle corn, my weakness, and doing a little more walking around. I stumbled upon Button's French Crepes, Princeton, NJ. A little disappointed they weren't making any savory, ummm seafood, crepes I tasted the s'mores crepe. Heaped high with marshmallows, nutella and gram cracker crumbs it was the perfect way to end a delightfully filling day. And who doesn't love a frosty beverage donning a sunglasses clad strawberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment